Happy New Year 2016


Happy New Year!

The beginning of a new year is always a little exciting.


I have spent the last few days thinking quite a bit about how I want my 2016 year to go. I'm not one to make New Year Resolutions anymore, 'cause they always fail before I ever see March 1st, but I do like to re-focus on what makes me happy and see if I have enough of it in my life. Usually, by the time the holidays are over, I'm exhausted or bored, and I'm ready for a bit of a pick me up.  This year is no different.

Today I spent several hours at Barnes & Noble with my young daughter Elliette. She read five books from the children's section, while I read through several books in the Psychology / Self-help section. My goal was to find a book that would energize me to get off my lazy butt and take action in my life. Above are the two books that I liked the most. After nearly three hours spent searching and reading and searching and reading some more, I found myself certain of the following things for myself this year:

  1. I want to blog. Blogging is the perfect outlet for me to write and to share and to be creative. My posts may not be very interesting to everyone, but writing isn't supposed to be about pleasing everyone.
  2. I want to be more active in my life. I'm generally pretty lazy, but I don't like it. I'm not proud of my numerous naps and lack of energy; therefore, it is necessary that I take action steps. Each day I will set one simple goal for myself, and by God, I will be accomplish it. The goals can range anywhere from "I will do 30 squats on my lunch hour" to "I will hang up my laundry today" to "I will put on pants today." Yes, some days, I do not want to even put on pants.
So, those are my plans for 2016 as of today, Jan. 3rd, 2016.
I will blog, and I will be active in my own life. Simple enough. 

What are you doing with your new  year? Any great plans? Any simple plans? Whatever you decide or desire in 2016, I hope you have much happiness.

Happy New Year, and much love from me to  you!  -Jacki
 

Comments